Question from Djay

Daggers or swords for a rogue?

I'm early into the game (just past Ostagar), and I'm trying to figure out the best weapon choice for my rogue. I've been going with the family sword this whole time, simply because the stats show that it does more damager, but I'm wondering if there's more to it than just damage. How strongly does Armor penetration matter, and is there anything else I should also take into account?

Also, Sten and Alistair seem to keep dying easily. Should I not equip Sten with a 2-handed weapon? Thanks!

Answers

Steve1511 answered:

I had DLC for return to Ostagar and got Duncan dagger and sword and Marics blade. Armor penetration only matters if the target is wearing armor the darkspawn wear armor so it is good against them but wolves and werewolves don't so it is a waist.

Sten is better with a 2-handed weapon in my opinion also my Alistair kept dying and my brother told me that it was because he had an ability active I cannot remember what it was just look over his abilities.

Hope that helps
0 0

What's the relationship between daggers and dex? Open DreamShore2002
What is/are the best armor(s) for a Rogue? Answered Risax
Rogue Backstab ? Open sledgebomber
Build for a rogue? Answered Blackinfernox
Noble Rogue? Answered kasawagi