Question from notstoic

Companions won't follow in some areas of game?

In some areas my companions won't follow my character or do anything but stand by the last door or world exit they entered. They also won't fight unless I click on them as though I had them in puppet mode. I've checked and double checked and they are set to follow near and are not set on puppet mode. The problem comes and goes depending on the area I'm in. They're fine until I get to Eyegouger Clan and then it starts. If I go to the city they're fine again. Can anybody help?

Answers

ThiefOfNavarre answered:

I think its something to do with some walkmesh issues and the companion AI: Try the usual steps of updating the game (and/or getting the expanions).

Its a know Obsidian issue.... check the technical support threads at nwn.bioware.com
0 0

GreatPaladin972 answered:

I had a similar Difficulty at the same area. As a temporary fix, try using one of the companions as a lead character. Sometimes, everyone will follow them.
0 0

mrMAKAM answered:

I'm having the same issue. I had this problem previously (like a year ago), but I remember that I was able to resolve it then. Hopefully I will find a fix, and I'll post it here if I do.
0 0

viperesque answered:

I had this problem many a time, but I was able to fix it simply by ordering my companions to follow me: it seemed to boot their AI back into gear.
0 0

Garuda_cyborg answered:

The reason for this is unknown. The only thing you can do is try to either

a) Change your party for a temporary fix
b) Highlight your lead and use the "follow me" command (to broadcast it)
c) Use one of the other characters as a lead and hope that they follow

For (a), just use the debug mode to do it on the spot. There should be a patch to fix it, but I'm not actually too sure. You also would have to do this (one of the listed above) for every new area, but it's not as tedious as having to manually move the characters that have to follow, so its a viable option.
0 0

GreatPaladin972 answered:

Here's a tip! I figured out that MotB fixes this, along with other gameplay and performance issues!
0 0