Review by Snuffy_Mccrack

"A great game with a few flaws."

The Grand Theft Auto series is one not enjoyed by all. I'm am one of those who really enjoys GTA games for the freedom. Of course the option to obliterate anyone in your path doesn't hurt either. So, anyways let's get this road on the show shall we.

The graphics aren't bad but they aren't great. Those horrid graphic glitches are why I give the graphics such a low mark. The cars however look great but the character models are, well, they're meh. The buildings can look horrible or they can look great it differs.

The music is great! I really enjoy turning on the radio and listening to all the greats. The cars sound like real cars and guns like guns. This game contains great voice acting and horrible voice acting. Most is great though. I can't help but smile when I hear a familiar voice on a video game. Video games deserve proper voice acting. Many a game has been trampled in the sound department because the had horrible voice acting.

The gameplay is pretty good. Again the occasional glitch is why it doesn't get a ten. On the PC version though it takes a more controlled turn. The aiming is great on the PC version. You always know exactly where you are, the camera angles don't screw with you screen in this installment.

Storyline: 5/10

Ouch, the storyline in this game is foggy and somewhat non-existent so I won't go too far in detail. Basically all it's about is finding out who killed your Mother and rising your gang to the top. See pretty dull. There are also many different side missions with their own little stories but I wouldn't want to ruin it. Overall the storyline is Grand Theft Auto San Andreas' main flaw.

So there you are. A short review of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. If you want to know whether or not to rent it or buy it, it all depends on if you like the GTA series. I do, so I bought it first. I'll tell you I was not disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 05/30/06