Review by Kaoii

"As good as the PS2 Version?"

Well, the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is finally out. I got my hands on a copy, played through most of the game, and heres my review.

Without surprise, the graphics on the PC version of the game are far better than that of both the XBox and PS2 versions. The PC version allows you to set the draw distance (how far you away you can see), anti aliasing, resolution, etc. There are also different levels of graphic quality.

The game features real-time reflections, dynamic shadows, and even graphical effects like mirages.

However, I have heard that a lot of people with high-end PC's cannot even play on the highest graphic quality.. therefore I am giving the graphics for this game a 9 out of 10.

The sound is what you would expect from a GTA game. You got the citizens with all of their different responses and attitudes, you've got the radio (which isn't quite up to par with the soundtrack of Vice City), etc. If you've ever played a GTA game you know what to expect.

However, there are some problems with the sound in this game. One big problem is stuttering. I'm having it and a lot of other people are having it too. Hopefully, Rockstar can release a patch to fix this.

What also bothered me, that I know I shouldn't be complaining about because this is an M rated game, is the amount of profanity. You literally cannot go a single sentance without hearing something. The language is 100 times worse than in GTA3 or Vice City. You may be forced to wear headphones if you live with your parents.

The gameplay is by far the best part of San Andreas. The game features a fully open ended 3D world. You can do anything you can imagine. You can steal a cop car and take on that cop's duties, or you can run around the streat beating people dead and taking their money.

The campaign is also a lot of fun to play, however, there was one thing that annoyed me a lot. Some of the side-missions in this game are seemingly impossible to complete. These missions were also this hard on the PS2 version, and it took days or even weeks for some people to complete them. Luckily these missions are not required to complete the game.

Replayability: 10/10
With the open-ended world, the boundaries of this game are almost unimaginable. There is always something to do in this game world.

Final Score: 9/10
Overall, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the PC is a winner. I recommend buying it. I am sure it will please.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/12/05