Do I need to have played the other game?

1. So I want to pick this game up finally, quite a few friends recomened it to me, but I'm not sure if I want to pick it up because of it being a future installment, and I haven't played any of the others. So bascially, if I play this game will it still make since to me, or should I DOS-Box the others/find the other games.

User Info: Lord_of_Ice1991

Lord_of_Ice1991 - 6 years ago

1. Among the fans of the series Morrowind and Daggerfall are seen as vastly superior to Oblivion, but Oblivion has its own merits too.

You can get Daggerfall for free, and Morrowind shouldn't cost much to get.

To answer the original question though..... "No" You don't need to play any of the older games. The story is very generic, and cliched... no real mention of the old games or events that transpired in them.

User Info: JC_Phoenix

JC_Phoenix (Expert) - 6 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. @ JC_Phoenix: That's not entirely true. There are hundreds of references to the older games in Oblivion. You just have to keep an eye out for them!

But he is right, you don't need to play the others to enjoy oblivion.

User Info: Denkyuu

Denkyuu - 6 years ago 0 0