Question from Whitesnakeman

Is there any strategy or tactic required at all in the actual combat of Oblivion?(Like in RPG's like Dragon Age?

There is so much lack of CHALLENGE in Oblivion.It was fun for a year but now, I don't find it very interesting.It also lacks the pace of, let's take for example, the GTA series.I even liked Fallout 3 better than Oblivion.Now is it normal to get bored with Oblivion after 1 year or do you guys find it awesome to play after even more than the mentioned time period?

Answers

jadems_evolved answered:

lol, it's just a hack and slash.
But I entertain myself by alternating between fighting styles. First I was into swords, then into stealth, now I'm into bows. XD

Also, Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns.
0 0

JC_Phoenix answered:

Try combat mods like:
Deadly reflex
Unnecessary violence
Maybe some Duke Patrick mods:
www.tesnexus.com/modules/members/index.php?id=329734

Immersion mods will also make combat more strategic... Like ones that make it where you can't run backwards, ones that make fatigue more important, as well as mods that require you to sleep, eat, and such.

Personally I don't care for "combat", or "dungeon crawls". I like quest mods, especially ones with unique and interesting elements. Skils checks, immersion, lots and lots of dialogue, scripted boss fights, etc. "Integration: The Stranded Light" in particular I find to be better than GTA, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Dragon Age.
0 0

samadamading answered:

HOW COULD YOU BE BORED!!! sure the main quest is short, sure the side quests are easy, BUT CAN YOU SERIOUSLY
0 2

samadamading answered:

SAY THAT YOU'VE TRIED EVERY TECHNIQUE, EVERY STYLE OF PLAY, EVERY METHOD OF COMBAT!!! Even if you've done all of this, there is still hundreds of mods, patches, expansion, tools, items, quests, characters, species, storylines, and crap like that floating around on the downloads page of THIS WEBSITE!!!!
0 2

Will Oblivion run well on this PC? Answered Golberg51
How do I use the Online oblivion mod? Open Lilhieb10
Can I use Bryce 3d with oblivion? Open Lilhieb10
Why won't Oblivion XP load? Unanswered MrPototo
Oblivion Mod Downloading? Answered Zony250