Why did it stop running?

1. I've been running the game just fine for about two months. One night, I saved and logged off, then the next time I tried to play, all I could see was the HUD and the sky. Nothing 3D. I tried reinstalling, and still no fix. The weird part about it is that it worked fine for ages, then suddenly stopped. Could it be an issue with the disc? What could it be?

User Info: fortythreepct

fortythreepct - 6 years ago

Answers

1. Could be a lot of things. I doubt it's the disc itself as everything is run from HD, nor could you even reinstall the game if the disc were damaged.

Corrupted data or HD sectors, virus, driver conflicts, hardware (such as your video card or motherboard starting to die), power supply not giving proper voltage to the card.... the list goes on and on. You'll need to do some basic troubleshooting first: running other 3D games, scandisk, defrag, virus/malware scan, driver updates/rollbacks, etc, to narrow down the possibilities.

User Info: plucky027

plucky027 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0