Question from saurabhthelord

How to restart a quest?

in the part of theifing i had to stole away the hrormi's staff(a magician at arcane university) i stole it and then i had to return that staff to that chest i went their kept the staff in the chest ,it showed confirmation and before proceeding i removed or stole away the staff and now the quest says to proceed but it is not proceding and the staff is stuck in my inventory i can't remove it.Game says that a current quest is going on so i can't remove it also when i go to the chest back again still i can't remove the staff from inventory. please help -i have proceed way ahead in the game so please don't tell me to do it again
please help

saurabhthelord provided additional details:

Don't we have any way to remove that stick from my inventory and give it to that old man,anybody please can help me.isn't there anyway through coding if any one could tell me.please

But waht about the quest

54zerogamer54 answered:

Sorry but the only way is to restart or load an earlier game if you have any
2 0

Dhdyhdcellblock answered:

Download a mod that allows you to get rid of quest items, there are plenty on tesnexus.
1 0

f1reis0blivious answered:

You can remove the staff using a remove item code eg: player.removeitem "itemnumber" "amount removed"

try finding out the item's code, doing the remove code and then a remove quest code

otherwise 54zerogamer54 is right
0 0