Sometimes my normal Windows cursor will show up in the top left corner of my screen. How do I fix it?

1. When playing the game, I don't think my computer knows that the cursor isn't supposed to be there. It moves in the background as I move my mouse. When it gets to that corner it, it shows itself. If I can see it and I click, the game will minimize, and I can't bring my game up without it freezing. Therefore I can lose some unsaved progress. Occasionally it will move some of my desktop icons as well. So, any solutions?

User Info: Leihayo

Leihayo - 6 years ago

1. Lot of possible issues. Most have nothing to do with the game itself, rather Windows, drivers, or hardware.

1) Disable any mods being used.
    2) Changing back and forth from hardware and software mouse modes. This issue happens most commonly in hardware mode.
    3) If you are using SLI or Xfire update your video drivers. If that doesn't help then try running the game on a single video card.
    4) If you are using a multi-monitor setup, try playing on a single monitor.
    5) Try playing in Windowed Mode.
    6) Background programs and spyware running in the background can cause this issue, disable everything possible before running the game.
    7) Enable/Disable Active Desktop

If none of the above solves your issue, post complete system specs and OS/version/servicepack being used... and always include that information in future tech issue questions.

User Info: plucky027

plucky027 (Expert) - 6 years ago 0 0