Installing mods?

1. I'm having trouble installing mods for the game. Does it have something to do with the fact i downloaded the game with steam?

I'm running windows 7 on my pc as well.

User Info: pacman7993

pacman7993 - 5 years ago

1. Many mods have issues being run on the Steam version. Anything that accesses the main .exe file will not work, as the Steam version has it's own file. The ones that do work often need to be installed more carefully as folder structure is slightly different. But generally, as long as you are installing them properly, mods work with the Steam version as OBSE officially supports the Steam version unlike the other game download sites. I'd recommend checking the Steam Forums and the TESNexus Forums for additional assistance.

Windows 7 has issues with a few mods as well but can't give you any specifics there as I've never run this game on it.

Recommendation: never use content download sites again. It's just as easy to order a disc and there's no issues like this.

User Info: plucky027

plucky027 (Expert) - 5 years ago 0 0