Why can't I drop the Everscamp Staff?

1. There is no button on the altar like there was in The Spirits Have Lease quest. The remove item code won't work, I assume this is because its a quest item. But I couldn't figure out what the drop button was either. PLEASE reply, soon too because my save file is right after I get the staff and the auto save is when im inside the cave so I am stuck.

User Info: Jad3dM1nd

Jad3dM1nd - 7 years ago

1. SHIFT-Clicking on an item will, if I remember correctly, drop the item from your inventory. It's just that you can't drop the staff except at that very specific altar you've arrived at. I always like to use Z to place the staff neatly on the altar once I've dropped it.

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander - 7 years ago 0 0

1. You have to take the staff to a specific cave to release it. Idon't remember exactly which one, but it should say in your quest log.

User Info: turbran

turbran - 7 years ago 0 2
  2. Simply put it is not a button if i remember correcly, a quest update will pop up when your close enough the you can just drop it by shift-clicking on it in your inventory menu.

User Info: f1reis0blivious

f1reis0blivious - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Its a Quest item involved with an unfinished quest,finish that quest like what people say about entering a cave. You'll find the quest in Cheydinhal if I'm correct.

User Info: Sapphear

Sapphear - 7 years ago 0 2
  4. Once you have the Staff, check your Quest Log: It should tell you that you need to take the Staff back to Darkfathom Cave. Go all the way into the cave until you come to the Sheogorath Shrine that is inside. You will get a Quest Update stating you can drop the Staff. Go back to the lady for your reward.

User Info: topsemag55

topsemag55 - 7 years ago 1 0
  5. It's because you can't drop quest items, obviously.
    Like the above posters have said, for the quest you must drop it in a specific place.

User Info: awesomezerz

awesomezerz - 7 years ago 0 0