Why can't I start the game?

1. I just bought the GOTY edition today, with the Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine expansions. I have installed everything, yet every time I try to start the game up I get a Windows error. It won't tell me what is causing the error, simply that the game needs to close. Here is what I am running:

Dell Inspirion 1520 laptop
    Intel Core2 Duo processor, 2.00 Ghz
    2G Ram
    No video card, just the Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family
    Windows XP, SP2

Any ideas? Or am I screwed until I can afford a video card?

User Info: YetiTheLonghorn

YetiTheLonghorn - 7 years ago

Answers

1. Get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card instead of that Intel inbuilt crap.

Why did you even get a game when you don't have a graphics card.........

User Info: Zek_99

Zek_99 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Zek, i don't think thats the issue. My friend was running oblivion (not GOTY) on a laptop, it worked. Lagged, but worked.

User Info: Vasir_

Vasir_ - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. Laptops can run games, im not saying they cant, you can get laptop mobos with 8000 series intergrated graphics card, im saying that the intel chipset he has is purely so he can see stuff on the screen.

User Info: Zek_99

Zek_99 - 7 years ago 0 0