Question from HyperRyun

What parts of the game "reset" after a cell or other reset?

I know standard cell resets are every 72 hours (un-modded), but are there any other resets besides cell resets?

Also, what exact defined area is a "cell"?

Finally, like the title says, what do these resets actually "reset"? Enemies? Dungeons? Chests?

Galahaut answered:

I cannot think of anything else that resets, with the exception of merchant inventories, which may or may not be partially tied to cell resets anyway.

Cells come in two types: exterior and interior. Exterior cells are seamlessly connected squares with side lengths of 4096 units (192 feet). Interior cells are the cells you access by traveling through teleport doors, and have no specific size. An entire castle lobby can be one cell, the second floor of a small house can be one cell, etc.

Cell resets will reset the positions of some NPCs, spawn new NPCs/creatures in certain locations (replacement guards in cities, new enemies in dungeons and exteriors, new wildlife, etc.), "regrow" alchemy ingredients, respawn certain loot and clutter, remove unimportant corpses, remove items (in some cases), and probably some other things I can't think of at the moment.
0 0