Question from Dephos

Why is my player character moving irregularly, and how do I fix it?

Upon loading the latest saved file of my game, my character immediately started moving VERY SLOWLY to the left and a little to the front (consider a clock: he was moving in a direction somewhere between the 9 and the 10). He also moves as if in slow motion, yet he jumps at the same speed, and attacks at the same speed. Any attempt to walk another way does nothing, and when he hits a wall/obstacle, he just keeps walking into it. I have already tried walking, running, auto-move (default Q), sneaking, moving to a new area, mounting a horse (that just transfers the problem to the horse), loading a previous save (even ones months old), restarting the entire game, all to no avail. I'm of a mind to think that restarting my computer also will not yield a change.

This has happened before (years ago), but I don't remember how it was fixed. I have the latest version of Oblivion.

Nurikabe answered:

If you are using a PC, the only thing that I can suggest is to back up your save files on a flash disk or something and try re-installing the game.

If you are using an Xbox 360 or whatever, you're controller may be getting old. Sometimes my stick gets stuck one direction or loosens up, allowing the character to move very slowly with the tilt. I haven't solved that one on my own other than a new controller.
1 0

Answers

Dephos answered:

I found out the solution: I had a joystick plugged into my PC, and when I tried moving it, my character would move at a normal rate. All I needed to do afterwards was restart Oblivion after unplugging the joystick, and it was working fine.
0 0