Question from AdrianAdler
Screen shots for Oblivion?
I have tried what it says under the cheat menu but still can not have screen shots. does anyone know how i can get screen shots the easy way? i have a pc oblivion version and it runs good. just can not seam to get any screen shots of the game?
7 years ago
Having AA active disables screenshots for some reason, are you playing with AA on?
7 years ago
Taking Oblivion Screenshots 101 grad.gif
Contributors: Hannah, Archeopterix, LadyCallipyge, Lon Lon Link, CCNA, Monica21, Ronginus, and SC_Wolf
It is important to note that enabling screenshots in Oblivion is slightly different than it was in Morrowind. There are two .ini files for Oblivion, one in the game install directory and another in your My Documents directory. The one in My Documents is the one you'll need to change. Detailed instructions below:
1. Exit Oblivion
2. Find the Oblivion.ini file in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion
NOTE: Oblivion_default.ini in Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion is NOT the one you're looking for!
3. Make a copy of the .ini file. It is very important to make a back-up copy of the .ini file in case of errors.
4. Open the Oblivion.ini file in Notepad
5. Find the line "bAllowScreenShot=0" and change it to "bAllowScreenShot=1"
6. Save your changes and close Notepad
7. Start Oblivion as usual
8. When you want to take a screenshot, press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard it's usually to the right of your F-keys. If successful, you should see a large message in the upper-left of your screen that says "ScreenShot: File 'ScreenShot0.bmp' created." Everytime you take a screenshot, Oblivion will create a new .bmp with a new filename (one number larger than the previous screenshot).
9. All screenshots are stored as .bmp files in the root of your Oblivion directory. Unless you changed the install directory during the installation of Oblivion, it should be in C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion
7 years ago
This question is open with pending answers, but none have been accepted yet
Answer this Question
You must be logged in to answer questions. Please use the login form at the top of this page.
More Questions from This Game
|Why is my screen black (or red when am in Oblivion) when I load my save game ?||Answered||Akkikram|
|Will Oblivion run well on this PC?||Answered||Golberg51|
|Will Oblivion work on my pc?||Answered||hikbolepoo|
|Why won't Oblivion XP load?||Unanswered||MrPototo|
|How do I use the Online oblivion mod?||Open||Lilhieb10|