Question from berserk55

Controller Problems?

I'm Having a Problem With a Controller. I Have an Adapter for one of my PS2 Controllers that hooks up to my computer so that I can use it for games. When I go into Oblivion I set up the controls under the Joystick options and everything works fine. The only problem is that I can walk and run with the left analogue stick, but I can't turn my direction with the right one. I've checked the problem over and over again and cant figure out what could be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AlekPej79 answered:

This is for xbox controller though
Game Pad Functionality

Although the PC version of Oblivion handles best when played with a keyboard and mouse, it is possible to play the game with an assortment of game pads as well. Due to the variance in these game pads, it may be necessary to make a few changes to the Oblivion.ini file located in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion. Below is a list of the settings that can be changed to make a Xbox 360 controller attached to a PC, function better with Oblivion. It should be noted however, that because the PC version of the game was optimized to play with a keyboard and mouse, the experience will NOT be the same, as using a 360 controller on the Xbox 360 version of the game. Additionally, these settings can be applied to other game pads, but the values represented may need to be tweaked further. Finally, the mapping of the buttons will need to be determined when entering the game, and can be changed in Options - Controls, from the Main Menu - Do NOT map the directional controls (Forward, Backward, Left, Right), as this will overwrite certain changes made in the Oblivion.ini file.

These are the default settings in the Oblivion.ini:
;X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 3, XRot = 4, YRot = 5, ZRot = 6

Change to these values to get better functionality from a 360 game pad connected to a PC.

Make sure the settings are saved. Note, changes to the Oblivion.ini file will not be saved if Oblivion is running when the changes are made.
0 0

Kelrik93 answered:

I tried AlexPej79 suggestion, but for the PS2 Controller I made the following changes.

Works Great!!
0 0

Sketchy_Mane answered:

Ok but what would I need to change it to in order for it to work for an xbox 360 controller? I tried both ways shown above and the right analog stick still doesn't work.
0 0

Connecting a wireless xbox controller to the pc game? Open cocoshapiro
Pirate lair problems, any ideas? Open addictedkid333
Bloodgrass? Unanswered tinaholste
Why won't Oblivion XP load? Unanswered MrPototo
Where is Reman Broder? Open grankle