Question from dark494

Soul trap and Azura's Star problem?

I'm having trouble trapping souls. I have an empty Azura's Star in my inventory, and I'm killing enemies with Umbra (Soul trap for 120 seconds on target), and no matter what I kill, even rats and crabs, I keep getting a message that says, "There is no soul gem in your inventory large enough to trap this soul." What gives? This doesn't make any sense, anyone know why this is happening?

JonasWinston asked for clarification:

I can't help you much with that, but have you checked to see if your Azuras star already has a soul? If so, then just use it and fill it up with another soul.

Answers

aura1h answered:

If you got it through the testing hall, it wont work
0 1

JC_Phoenix answered:

It's a bug in unnecessary violence. Turn of soul gem changes in the ini or wait till the next version.
0 1

Imperialmage answered:

Maybe Azura's star is a single use only, that might be it. Otherwise you can only use soul gems to replenish your magical weapon uses.
0 3

JC_Phoenix answered:

Azura's star isn't single use Imperialmage. It's reusable which is what makes it worthwhile.
1 1

Bloodwolf777 answered:

Its because you are using Umbra i had the same problem with Umbra and the star so i got a soul trap spell and that works just fine. So if you are soul traping for Umbra [IMHO its not worth the time] use a different weapon and a soul trap spell. Also people say that hiting something,someone with a soul trap more then once, as Umbra would do, it makes problems.
1 0