Soul trap and Azura's Star problem?

1. I'm having trouble trapping souls. I have an empty Azura's Star in my inventory, and I'm killing enemies with Umbra (Soul trap for 120 seconds on target), and no matter what I kill, even rats and crabs, I keep getting a message that says, "There is no soul gem in your inventory large enough to trap this soul." What gives? This doesn't make any sense, anyone know why this is happening?

User Info: dark494

dark494 - 7 years ago
    I can't help you much with that, but have you checked to see if your Azuras star already has a soul? If so, then just use it and fill it up with another soul.

User Info: JonasWinston

JonasWinston - 7 years ago

1. Its because you are using Umbra i had the same problem with Umbra and the star so i got a soul trap spell and that works just fine. So if you are soul traping for Umbra [IMHO its not worth the time] use a different weapon and a soul trap spell. Also people say that hiting something,someone with a soul trap more then once, as Umbra would do, it makes problems.

User Info: Bloodwolf777

Bloodwolf777 - 6 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. If you got it through the testing hall, it wont work

User Info: aura1h

aura1h - 7 years ago 0 1
  2. It's a bug in unnecessary violence. Turn of soul gem changes in the ini or wait till the next version.

User Info: JC_Phoenix

JC_Phoenix (Expert) - 7 years ago 0 1
  3. Maybe Azura's star is a single use only, that might be it. Otherwise you can only use soul gems to replenish your magical weapon uses.

User Info: Imperialmage

Imperialmage - 7 years ago 0 3
  4. Azura's star isn't single use Imperialmage. It's reusable which is what makes it worthwhile.

User Info: JC_Phoenix

JC_Phoenix (Expert) - 7 years ago 1 1