Question from Oblivion2031

Problems with Aran character?

Ok, so today, I created a new Aran character, and during the introduction flashback thing, I noticed that I couldn't do combo attacks. So I waited a while and went through a little bit of the game, and now my character is level 15, and has 12 skill points on Double Swing, but I can't start a combo. I have my pole arm equipped, and I know I have enough MP, so I don't understand what's going on. My Combat Step skill wasn't working either, so I logged out and signed into my other Aran character, which is level 36. I tried to do my combo attacks and Combat Step, but neither of them worked. I tried to use my beginner skills (Agile Body and Recovery) and they worked just fine. I suspect that this might have something to do with the update that I installed today before playing, but I'm not exactly sure what's going on.
Does anyone know how I can solve this or what's going on?

ArmedDragonLv9 asked for clarification:

Are you sure you have the combo ability skill? If not, then do the quests the say [REQUIRED] and you'll eventually get it!

Answers

dscusting answered:

ok, so with the aran u must follow the required quests that allow u to unlock the next ability. Plus the combo u use in the training portion are the combo moves u gain in later level advancements.
1 0