Review by Cactuar__Strife

"Great game to play whenever I'm bored, or just need a break from other games."

About a two years ago, my friend had finally convinced me to play Maple Story. Before I knew it, I was above his level, and leading a guild. A little over a year ago, I had to move, and leave all my friends behind. However, thanks to this great game, I can still see them for hours at a time.

Graphics:10/10
It may seem targeted for young children to some people, but I prefer this type of graphics. Platforming and Role Playing Games are my favorite categories, so combining the two genres was pure genius.

Sound:10/10
I enjoy hearing noises from enemies being killed, as some of them are very humorous, but some get very annoying after a while. The background music, for the most part, is great. Overall, the sounds are great.

Game play:10/10
If I could, I would give it a 20/10. Custom controls in a game like this is an instant success. Pressing shift many times can cause sticky keys, so I switched it to another key. That is a great feature. Being an online game, this game has seemingly endless replay value. Some may complain about the lack of classes in this game, but I think that four classes that all branch off to at least two other classes, is fine.

Difficulty: 10/10
If you feel like what you are training on is too easy, or boring, simply train on stronger monsters. I did that, and it was much less dull of an experience. Some people may beg to leech off of stronger players, but they should simply go kill weaker enemies if they are too weak or too scared to train on monsters at their own level.

Overall Rating:10/10
What can I say? This is my favorite game to play that is not on a console such as the Wii, PS3, or 360. Recently, they have made it possible to use an Xbox 360 controller on games such as WoW and Maple, so this is great for someone like myself, who plays for long runs at a time. Because of that, I consider this game in the league of current console games. As this game continues to update as the months pass by, many great features are being added, and they all accumulate to create this great game. This game is suitable for all ages in my opinion, and is easy to catch on to. At first, when my friend told me about it, I thought it sounded like something really lame, but then I saw screen shots, and heard about Mages, and I simply had to join.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/12/07

Game Release: MapleStory (US, 11/30/05)