Review by DarkestSecret

"Great fun addicting MMORPG"

Basically so far, apart from a few quests, Maple is all about leveling and making your character as strong as possible by changing classes, getting new equipment, and mastering skills.

StoryN/A/10
There is no real story that you have to follow in Maple, however there are many quests you can do to gain various items. Basically you just follow your own path.

Graphics9/10
Don't know why but when I first played this game, it reminded me of gunbound. Otherwise the graphics are fantastic, with cute looking characters and monsters, and really nice backgrounds that reminds you of the old country. The great hing is even if you have an old computer, you can most likely run this game, or change the graphic settings to a lower level.

Music8/10
The music and sound is great and fits each situation and map perfectly. But since I was having too much fun with the game itself, I never really payed much attention to the music, although I was scooped up by the music in Kerning City.

Controls9/10
Easy controls to learn or to change if you want. yes, thats right you can customize your controls, all except for a few buttons that you won't need to use anyways. Also the quick slots help you a lot if you need to use items/spells/skills quickly without having to open up the skill list/inventory.

Characters10/10
There are four classes to choose from, which then have 2 or 3 more classes for each class, and soon there will be third classes as well. I loved how you could customize the way your character looks at the beginning by changing his hair style and color, and what he wears and what weapon he holds.

Difficulty Level7/10
Well this all depends on what class you use. For example warriors and archers are easy to level at the beginning and get powerfull only a lot later, and mages and rogues are a lot harder to level at the beginning, but they become powerful a lot sooner. I guess the only downside is that the classes are somewhat unbalanced so there tends to be a lot of mages around.

Reply Value10/10
As I said before, there are 4 classes you can play, and then each class has 2 or 3 more classes which means whole new different skills and so on. So you will keep making new characters to try and play every class, making the replay value huge in Maple Story.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 01/10/05