My game won't run. Help?

1. Whenever I try to play the game, it tells me "Could not create the Graphics Device. Direct X is not available. [1002]"

What does this mean, and what do I do to fix it?

User Info: futurespielburg

futurespielburg - 7 years ago

1. The DirectX Error is a very general error and usually refers to some kind of incompatibility with your current hardware settings, or a problem with your video card. The Creature Creator uses Pixel Shading 2.0, which can cause all kinds of problems with systems that haven inferior settings/hardware.

If you're in XP, right-click on the desktop and hit Properties, then click Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot, and slide the Hardware Acceleration bar all the way up to full.

If in Vista, right-click on the desktop and hit Properties and hit Personalize, then click Display Settings, Advanced Settings, Troubleshoot, and slide the Hardware Acceleration bar all the way up to full.

If this doesn't solve your issue or you're unable to make any changes to your Hardware Acceleration, make sure you have the latest version of DirectX installed. If none of the above solves your problem, then your graphics card is either too old or incompatible with Spore and will not be able to run the game.

User Info: maiorano84

maiorano84 - 7 years ago 1 0