Review by sleetblind

"Spore, one of the best game released in about 3 years."

This is the best game I have seen in the last 3 years, right up there with Portal, COD4 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The only flaw I have noticed with Spore is the problem with logging in, though this is a minor problem as the features granted by logging in are not particularly amazing. Since getting this game, I have not been able to stop playing it. I just have to conquer the galaxy, (though this will probably take 20 years). The cell stage is a wonderfully simple little game, but it is extremely fun. Controls are easy in all stages, either mouse or WASD keys, with left and right mouse buttons as actions

You can make any creature you want, any building you want, vehicles as well! It is worth every cent, the only thing that this game needs is an MMORPG, that would be completely awesome. Space stage is HUGE, and taking systems is really fun. Making money is relatively easy, but this is ok considering how the game is played. Though the entire game might be considered "easy" or "pointless". The easyness of the game is good because it means anyone can play. Pointless is not the word I would use to describe this game, that is like calling Garry's Mod pointless which is entirely not true.

The graphics are wonderful, not to realistic and not to thrown together, the music and creature sounds are good, though alien languages do get annoying sometimes which is ok as you can just skip them.

Now play time is extremely long, if you want to conquer the entire galaxy it will take you some time, but this doesn't affect the fun of the game because the main objective is just to get to the centre. You can play again and again, because you can change all aspects of you new game, like your creature, personality, buildings and vehicles.

You see the problem with most games today is that there is no substance, no real game play. All the developers today focus on two things, better graphics and physics, and money. The humble gamer is quite often ignored, as sales and profits of companies go up, customer support and innovation of games goes out the window. Spore does not go on that path, it is amazingly ingenius. So in my opinion this should set the standard for all civilisation games to come and in the words of my L33TXYMORPHS "Harg blarg harblahblah!"

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 09/17/08

Game Release: Spore (AU, 09/01/08)