Review by theoffspring1

"A great game which gets no respect"

Unlike other First person shooters, G.R.A.W. is more than run and gun shooting. This game really makes you think which is a good thing. This is only a review of the single player experience.

Graphics: 9.5/10

The graphics in GRAW are nothing but spectacular. Character models are top notch, the animations are fluid and look realistic. The lighting and particle effects are the best I've seen. There are many huge buildings and cars and other objects which make you believe you are in Mexico City. My jaw dropped when I've seen my 1st explosion. The physics are also good. You can shoot tires and windows out of cars. Traffic lights and signs come down when you blow them up with grenades. The graphics are some of the best for the PC. My only gripe with the graphics is that there is not much variety in the environments.

The sound is also good. You here dogs barking in the background. Guns firing sound realistic, voice acting is great and the huge explosions sound awesome.

One thing about this game is that it is very difficult. Even on easy it can be very tough. You have to think about your next move and set up your Ghost teammates to get past some sections of this game. The gameplay can be fun if you don't mind a challenge. You can only save at checkpoints which can be frustrating having to start a checkpoint over again. The teammates AI are good enough. The story is your typical Tom Clancy political story.

Replay value: 8.5/10

The single player can be played again at a higher difficulty if you like it the 1st time through and the game also has a multiplayer mode which I have not played yet. The graphics are so good that the single player game is a must to play through again.

Final thoughts

Overall this game was fun to play through but only if you don't mind a challenge and your PC can handle the graphics. The graphics are top notch and so is the sound. I would recommend GRAW if you don't mind a challenge as it is very difficult.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/12/06