Review by I_am_HK47

"NFS shines again!"

The new NFS game is now here. They took the good parts from the previous games (and some of the bad parts). I have only played NFS:U, NFS:U2 and this game so I don't know much about the NFS series but I know this one stands out. Let's see what's in store for us.

Gameplay-9/10
There are new modes like Speedtrap and Tollbooth. There are cool cars. This game has it all......except drift races. The removal of the drift races made the score to 9. And thankfully, the game is about racing and pursuits (and speed), not customizing. But sadly, some of the good customizing options were removed like overlapping vinyls.

Controls-10/10
The controls are simple so you can control your car with full efficiency. The controls are changed from NFS:U or NFS:U2 but the new controls are easy to get used to.

Graphics-10/10
Now this is where the game shines. The graphics are great. The environment looks real. The cars look realistic with their reflection and all. But the drawback is you have to have a great video card.

Sound-8/10
Although the car sounds are realistic, the music may tend to get repetitive because there is little variety of songs. This kind of sucks but with the gameplay and graphics, you would hardly notice it.

Story-9/10
You're the new guy in town and you run into some guys who don't like you. You lose a race against Razor, a guy who hates you, thanks to him messing with your car and Razor gets the pink slip to your car. You then get a new car and climb up the Blacklist for payback against Razor. Along the way you meet Mia and Rog which are people willing to help you.

Replay-10/10
Career mode is long and fun and pursuits are fun and thrilling. If you finish career mode, you can still finish the 60+ challenges. If you finish the challenges, you can play online. There are a lot of modes too for months of fun.

Rent or Buy:
If you are a racing fan, or feel it thrilling to get chased by cops and escape then buy this game. Otherwise, rent it first to see if it's your cup of tea.

Final Score: 9/10
This rocks even if the songs are less and some of the modes are removed.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/06