Review by Dexterity_
"Guns, swords, daggers - What else?"
- Gunz: The Duel is an online first person shooter in which you'll have to fight it out against hundreds of online users. It features a range of elaborate moves and varied weaponry, making this game both a challenging and exciting experience that can really get you hooked. Judging from the name of the game, you just don't use guns as your weapons but you can also use close combat weapons like swords, daggers and many more.
- The game features many different game modes. You can simply play Gunz by moving around into any of the maps provided and shoot down anyone you encounter. Or you can play one of a number of modes like Deathmatch, Team DeathMatch or Capture the Flag. You can also form your own clan and engage in duels with other clans.
You can also create and customize your character. You can change clothing and add up to 12 pieces of equipment. We liked how the game doesn't limit itself to guns and also lets you pack close combat weapons like knifes, swords, daggers or cloaks. Long range weapons include guns, shotguns, bazookas and rifles. Garments like those armors, pants, gloves and boots. And lastly, the accessories compose of rings which some of them are expensive.
As many users know them, the basic moves will probably let you get past some duels, but they won't be enough to survive long-term. If you really want to stand a chance in Gunz, you'll have to learn more elaborate moves like ducking, jumping from walls or even tumbling. It takes skills to compete on other players in Gunz.
- You will totally enjoy this game. The total non-stop action duel makes you much more effective against tougher enemies and opponents. What the game only lacks is it lacks story as the story itself is not complete.
- The overall excitement of the online multiplayer shooter is let down by some weaknesses you can't help noticing. For one, the graphics leave much to be desired and many users complain that there are not enough maps to choose from. The soundtrack, while fast paced, is also too limited. Connecting at start-up might also take some time, depending on the number of users connected to the server. If you encounter users who have a dial up connection they might also cause the game to lag.
- Despite some slightly weak graphics and connection issues, Gunz is a thrilling first person shooter, with loads of weapons to choose from and advanced moves to learn. Oh, and did I forget to mention that it's free - you don't have to pay to play for it.
Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 12/23/08
Game Release: GunZ The Duel (US, 11/29/06)
Got Your Own Opinion?
You can submit your own review for this game using our Review Submission Form.