Question from tigerhawk100

Spider jars or poison darts?

What the difference in tactics for the spider jars versus poison darts?

Immic answered:

Spider jars are fast to use, but they only stack to a point (three sets) ; i.e. if you throw four jars, the first ones start to immediately die. They do have some effects that darts don't: they can be thrown over some walls and past mobs to the rear of a group. Also to add, they are non-HP pets, in that they do their job, then die, and cannot be affected by damage(to my knowledge). This means they will not feed any vampiric mob.

The darts have poor tracking, but their cost and rate of fire mean you can almost shoot them indefinitely. They are best used with the shift-stop method, to help maximize distance. The best damage from them for a while will be the splinter rune, which is acquired fairly early. Darts are versatile for engaging enemies and can destroy objects in fairly short order.

Both should be used when a mob is slow or stationary, likely engaged with a pet. These are really attacks to add damage, not to engage enemies.
1 0

Answers

joshyjosh00 answered:

I dont know but I do love darts more....Spiders just confuse me. Even the Toads aren't as good as the darts. I love the darts.
0 0

jbpax answered:

Here's what I've found;

Spider Jars and Grasp of the Dead go hand in hand. You can slow a mob down, and continuously chuck jars at them to cause massive area damage. However, this isn't the strongest tactic for a one-on-one, or mob-on-one, boss fight.

Darts are amazing for ranged support. Use the Templar helper or get into a group with a few beefy front liners, summon up some zombie mutts, and let lose on the darts. I've been using Splinters to fire off 3 at once to remarkable effect. When you have anything on you that heals on hit it'll refill your life in NO time!

My personal choice is darts because they're far more versatile, at least in the early game.
0 0

guinness4life answered:

Spider jars are a better crowd control technique at low levels, used in conjunction with Grasp of the Dead (snare). Darts are a ranged single target attack, which you may find more useful on bosses, etc.
0 0

Got some trouble on the skeleton king after beating he? Open ZetaSonic
Where can I find gibbering gemstone? Open fredrikwinde
Weapon DPS? Open ladeereynolds
Can a wizard use swods or axes in Diablo 3? Open Jstarr98
Witch doctor sets? Open ladeereynolds