Question from Cuxn

Where can I find Staff of Herding?

How do I make this? I am on act 4 and have not found it or a quest for it...

ATG4EVR answered:

*Slight spoilers*
It's a complicated process. you build it from items you gather in all 4 acts. I'll link you a youtube video guide by Inferno. www.youtube.com/user/InfernoDaily/feed he has video guides for all the parts.
You will need.
~Black Mushroom (act 1 ) www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-RLeehzfYA
~Leroics Shinbone (act 1) www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eIbYgfoBSs
~Liquid Rainbow (act 2) www.youtube.com/watch?v=2irGFmldec0
~Wirts Bell (Purchased from an act 2 vendor for 100k) www.youtube.com/watch?v=FspdRzxIg_k

*NOTE* DO not beat ACT 4 if you want to buy Wirts Bell in that difficulty or the act 2 vendor disappears until the next difficulties act 2!

~Giberring Gemstone (Rare spawn drop in act 3) www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxUh63yx4oU
~Staff of Herding Recipe (act 4 boss drop uncommon) www.youtube.com/watch?v=geoODfSVs3U
~50k craft costs.

This will craft you the staff for NORMAL DIFFICULTY. to upgrade it to NIGHTMARE/HELL/INFERNO modes you will need to buy the recipe in act 4. Once you have the "Prime Evil", killing Diablo himself quest go to bastion Keep and buy the recipe for that difficulty from the potion vendor for 1gold.

The craft costs are
NIGHTMARE 200k+ the NORMAL staff
HELL 500k + the NIGHTMARE staff
INFERNO 1million + the HELL staff.

The staff is bind to account and does not get used up. All the higher staves can unlock the lower difficulty levels. The Cow Kings Ghost is easiest to reach by going to Act 1's final quest, talk to Tyrael. Warping to the Old Ruins back down the road, hang a sharp south and hug the wall when you go back, you'll see a cow corpse. The Staff only needs to be in your inventory.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDpaS_hVqjw

Hope this helps, please like Infernos videos for his time to make the guides videos
4 0

Answers

PONGOWZS answered:

Ive ran the boss on normal for 4 hrs and I cant get him to drop the normal plan, I have bought the nightmarish and hellish plans but I need the original plan to craft them. My questions is,
1) can the normal plan even be bought? I've tried to get it to spawn at the merchant and it wont.
2) can it even be dropped by the boss in normal?
3) Have I done something to screw my character up?
0 0

PONGOWZS answered:

never mind He finally dropped it. though I'm still not sure if you can bye it
0 0

jussdoit answered:

hey, where do I go to ask a question on this site? I can find it! Thanx!
0 0