Magic Find Mechanics?

1. How exactly does the magic find stat work in terms of finding magic items, quality of said items and other effects?

User Info: NF_Kodiak

NF_Kodiak - 4 years ago

1. Magic Find does exactly what it says it does: it increases your chances of enemies dropping blue or greater quality loot. This doesn't mean that if you have 100% Magic Find that you're guaranteed drops off of everything, it means that you have twice the chance of those items dropping than someone with no Magic Find.
    Regarding Magic Find on your companions, you receive 20% of whatever Magic Find, Gold Find, Experience per kill, Experience % bonuses, etc. that is present on your currently hired companion's gear. Also, whether you or your companion gets the killing blow has no effect on your chances of getting items.

User Info: SlugAlucard

SlugAlucard - 4 years ago 0 0

1. The more magic find (MF) find Items you have equiped while killing a mob, the higher the chance that a Item of blue or higher quality drops. So when you take down an elite you can dps him down to 10% switch to MF gear, nuke down the last 10% and thus increase your chance to get some decent loot.
    I don't know how it is with companions but I would assume that their MF is added to yours, therefor increasing your chances.

User Info: DasBatmobil

DasBatmobil - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. If it works like in Diablo 2, follower's mf does not stack to yours when you kill stuff. It wouldn't make any sense anyways. However, again- if it works like in Diablo 2, your MF stacks to his if he lands the killing blow. Probably not the most profitable tactic to begin with.

I don't know if it works the same in D3, so don't hold me up on this.

User Info: ChakaZG

ChakaZG - 4 years ago 0 0