How does item stats work?

1. If I have a mace with 5 DPS and 1-3 holy damage, do I have a mace with 2 physical +3 holy damage or 5 physical + 3 holy damage?

User Info: Hoskit

Hoskit - 4 years ago

1. "I have seen evidence that it does NOT take increased attack speed into account, though I haven't been able to test this too excessively to find out for sure."

The DPS on a weapon WONT show the increased DMG from the +% attack speed, but it WILL show up in your overall DMG after you equip it

User Info: TerraAvsTrais

TerraAvsTrais - 4 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. DSP, or Damage per Second, is the amount of damage that weapon deals in a second according to its damage and attack speed. So you always equip the weapons with the highest DPS, even if it's a bow on a mage, because damage depends specially on that DPS.

Your best choice is to equip weapons with high DPS and a high stat according to your class. For example if you have a Barbarian you want items with Vitality, if you are a mage, items with Intelligence. I had a +44 Inteligence sword with 25.6 DPS on my mage and it deals AWESOME damage.

User Info: Shaman_king_yoh

Shaman_king_yoh - 4 years ago 0 1
  2. To answer the question, that big DPS number you see at the top of a weapon already includes all the damage bonuses that are on the item. This includes elemental damage as well as percentage damage boosts that you see. I have seen evidence that it does NOT take increased attack speed into account, though I haven't been able to test this too excessively to find out for sure.

User Info: SlugAlucard

SlugAlucard - 4 years ago 0 0