Question from ddhcts

Why does the game keep telling me (error 37)?

Servers down or full or being worked on? It played pretty well this past weekend except the lag and the auction house was slow to send to stash. Pretty happy with the game itself but the always online is stupid. Diablo 1 and 2 was a good base for Diablo 3 why did they change the core single player to always online,makes no sense to me unless it was a pay to play type game which its not.

ddhcts provided additional details:

Not to disagree with you but Diablo 3 has alot in common with the Median mod and the shared stash mod for Diablo 2 lod. Blizzard stole from those mod makers which improved the game.

Mertado answered:

Error 37 used to be the code for Servers are busy, try later'. It's been changed up in the latest update and you shouldn't see it any more, though you will probably still wait a long time to get on.
Diablo 3 is an online only game, much like an MMO. When you log in to the game to play (or try to log in), you are put into a queue for one of the authentication servers. When your turn comes, the authentication server checks your account info. Players are logged in on a first come, first served basis. It seems Blizzard grossly underestimated the demand for the game, so the servers are quite often overloaded (the game is still fairly new, so there are lots of people all trying to log in at the same time). The wait is especially bad when one of the zones (Asia, The Americas, or Europe) goes down for service. All the players from those zones then try to log into one of the others, complicating matters further (and they're doing updates pretty frequently). You can always check the status of the servers at Blizzard's website.
0 0

SlugAlucard answered:

Having the game servers solely online allows Blizzard the most control over the game and severely limits the ability of hackers to break their game. Hacks were a prevalent part of Diablo 1 and 2's online play and Blizzard spent a good deal of time trying to stop them. Also, one of the big features Blizzard has added in Diablo 3 has been the Auction House. If Blizzard could not keep players from hacking, having as large and open of a trade forum would be impossible.
Plus, all servers being on Blizzard's end means that any bugs or exploits that are found can quickly be patched and universally distributed. I remember plenty of "You can do this super cheap and crazy thing, but don't go online or else the game will patch and break this awesome exploit I found"
0 0

Error 12? Open TheSeansta
Error 3003? Answered tigerhawk100
Why does my game keep minimizing on me during game play? Answered delburn
This game is only for Online? Answered Hello_Kitty_75
Will the game work on my PC? Answered EnglandAce