Why so many mixed ratings?

1. Do the people who loved the first two games just hate the third? Or why are there so many mixed reviews.

User Info: Don_Patch

Don_Patch - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Because everyone has their own opinion. i like the game a lot. very good replay value and nice visuals. some people think the graphics are outdated and some think they aren't. it all just comes down to a matter of opinion.

User Info: patrick_4784

patrick_4784 - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. What Pat said, and theres also those that would rather Solo play be offline and those that side with Blizz for forcing the whole game (Solo included) to be online 100% of the time

User Info: TerraAvsTrais

TerraAvsTrais - 4 years ago 0 0
  3. Because blizzard accommodated to all the new f**s, and not the old schoolers that waited twelve years.

User Info: au_s

au_s - 4 years ago 0 2
  4. See au_s's response for your answer. Heaven forbid Blizzard decided to change things up and create a new game instead of D2 with better graphics. This alienated a lot of the old school fans who feel that Blizz made this game for newbies, plus the addition of the auction house has kind of broken the experience for many because it's just too easy to buy your way to a powerful character instead of spending countless hours farming gear (is that really a bad thing?)...

All that said, I've played since day one of the original game and I still love this one. Is it D2? No, but it is still an excellent game that is tons of fun, especially with a couple of friends.

User Info: zeppo_basic

zeppo_basic - 4 years ago 0 1
  5. As I read zeppo_basic's response I was inclined to disagree initially. But the gist is correct. There are also other factors, such as online only gameplay (even in single player) which alienated a lot of folks and when the game first started there were a LOT of connection issues and so disgruntled players started rating the game whatever the lowest score was possible on various sites.

It did The AH / RMAH did alienate a lot of folks I'm sure however I'm not convinced it is a bad idea (the AH anyhow) as people would spend money and get scammed back in the D2 days.

I'm in agreement with zeppo_basic essentially including the fact that I've played since day one and I have a lot of fun playing it. As he said, "is it D2? No" but it's still a good game that will only improve (lets hope) :)

HTH

User Info: doormouse299

doormouse299 - 4 years ago 0 0
  6. Those who loved the first 2 games have varied opinions on the 3rd. Most of us are kinda disappointed on the vast changes in the game. Can't adjust your own stat points and no skill points to pick out how you want your skills to be like are probably the 2 major points.

Then there's the whole gotta be online to play the game, even if you just want to play the game alone. That can get kinda frustrating if your connection is bad. I know it's to try and help stop cheaters and things, but that's not gonna happen.

User Info: Khardan

Khardan - 3 years ago 0 0