How do I beat the butcher? - Witch Doctor

1. im having trouble with Witchdoctor defeating The Butcher i have 20k life do around 7k dmg ive been using poisen gargantuan and templar hired to heal me, 2 hits and im gone! get him down just below half then the floor goes on fire and he reels me in and kills me

User Info: Carld6

Carld6 - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Depends on what level you are and what difficulty, but for me on inferno I use (in this order) spirit walk (increase mana or increase duration), soul harvest (increase mana), voodoo (rain dance), Fetish (hurt enemy upon summoning them), Zombie Bears, Grasp (slows enemy).

When using this build you can have the templar tank and when he fails use the fetishes to tank, use grasp to slow him down too, all the while you are trying to hit him as hard as possible.

When he pulls you in, use spirit walk to avoid damage and run!

Repeat...

(you can change gargantuan instead of Grasp to add another tanker)

Hope this helps

User Info: Liggittman

Liggittman - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. Butcher is a very simple boss.
    A simple boss requires a simple strategy.
    Use any ranged damaging ability and spam on him
    always keep your distance and make sure that you can survive the 5 hook attack due to it being very hard to dodge regularly.
    Make sure that you dodge the hook and keep an eye on the fire and you should be alright.
    most of his attacks you can ignore aslong as you stay atleast one fire block away from him

User Info: yoda_smokes

yoda_smokes - 4 years ago 0 1
  3. Make sure your key stats (intelligence + vitality) are high! Int. is really the only damage increasing base stat. As far as actually defeating him goes: if you can't handle it on your current difficulty, let your minions hack him down and avoid the flames/ hooks and charges he does occasionally. Spirit walk is key for when he hits you too hard! Vitality doesn't matter as much if you have super high recovery, as long as he can't one-hit you

User Info: Marijuanai

Marijuanai - 6 months ago 0 0