Question from gman165

Witch Doctor- how do I attack with an actual weapon?

I cant actually attack with my witch doctor. I have a weapon equipped but whenever he attacks he uses the poison darts. Is there a way to get him to attack with the actual weapon?

Answers

Danaj528 answered:

You need to remove the left click or right click skill. drag them out of the hotbar and it will become a regular attack
0 0

_than_ answered:

You may think that you are possible always using your "dart" because that is the witch doctors style, you may have an axe in hand but it still will show him shotting dart as I recall from beta runs. Like the Monk will always "punch" even if a two handed pole arm is in hand, it will still show them "punching". The same goes for the Doc.
0 0

doormouse299 answered:

The characters don't necessarily attack with whatever weapon they have equipped. It is more of a stats booster for extra damage / life on hit / etc.

The skills you choose (for left click, right click, 1-4) have specific animations assigned to them and that is what you will see on screen.

For instance on my Wizard if i choose to use Magic Missile on my left click button and have an axe equipped, I shoot a magic missile, not swing my axe.

If you are looking to actually attack with your weapon I believe Danaj528 is correct, if you unassign a skill to your left or right button (maybe 1-4?) you should be able to melee/weapon hit a mob. I believe this is how you get the Punching Diablo achievement.

HTH
1 0

Witch doctor sets? Open ladeereynolds
I called the witch doctor? Answered tigerhawk100
How do I beat the butcher? - Witch Doctor Open Carld6
Whewhat is the best gear for witch doctor? Open carange2
Weapon DPS? Open ladeereynolds