Witch Doctor- how do I attack with an actual weapon?

1. I cant actually attack with my witch doctor. I have a weapon equipped but whenever he attacks he uses the poison darts. Is there a way to get him to attack with the actual weapon?

User Info: gman165

gman165 - 4 years ago

1. The characters don't necessarily attack with whatever weapon they have equipped. It is more of a stats booster for extra damage / life on hit / etc.

The skills you choose (for left click, right click, 1-4) have specific animations assigned to them and that is what you will see on screen.

For instance on my Wizard if i choose to use Magic Missile on my left click button and have an axe equipped, I shoot a magic missile, not swing my axe.

If you are looking to actually attack with your weapon I believe Danaj528 is correct, if you unassign a skill to your left or right button (maybe 1-4?) you should be able to melee/weapon hit a mob. I believe this is how you get the Punching Diablo achievement.

HTH

User Info: doormouse299

doormouse299 - 4 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. You need to remove the left click or right click skill. drag them out of the hotbar and it will become a regular attack

User Info: Danaj528

Danaj528 - 4 years ago 0 0
  2. You may think that you are possible always using your "dart" because that is the witch doctors style, you may have an axe in hand but it still will show him shotting dart as I recall from beta runs. Like the Monk will always "punch" even if a two handed pole arm is in hand, it will still show them "punching". The same goes for the Doc.

User Info: _than_

_than_ - 4 years ago 0 0