Review by Eicotine

"A Great Alternative to Counter Strike or Battlefield"

This is my first review.

WarRock is a pretty good game, considering it's free. Some of the maps are huge and some are small. The graphics are pretty good too! But remember, it's still in beta.

On the smaller maps, you play basically the same thing as in Counter Strike. (Terrorists plant bomb, Counter-Terrorists disarm it.) On larger maps, you play the same thing as the Battlefield games. (Capture base and use them as spawn points.) The larger maps are actually huge, and the vehicles are great. There is a ranking system in-game. Another thing kind of like Counter Strike is the way you "rent" weapons, using the in-game currency. Each weapon can be for one of the four classes, (Engineer, Medic, Scout, Combatant, or all of them.)You can rent 3 days, 7 days, or even a whole month! Experience and money is obtained through completing games. The only reason I don't give the graphics a 10/10 is because there are so many glitches, and it seems really laggy compared to other FPS's. Remember, it's only in beta if you take that into consideration before you download it.

Controls: 5/10
Standard WASD point and shoot controls. You can't customize them. I actually like them myself, but so many people have told me they don't like them, I had to lower the score.

The graphics are suitable, the game is in beta and it's free, it depends on the settings you have it on. I play on the default settings. It isn't as good as Doom 3 on all highs, but if you were expecting that, what were you thinking?

Replayability: 10/10
Hours on end you could play this if you like it enough and your connection is good, it gets frustrating having a great connection and lagging a lot. A great sele

This is a great game in the making, it just has the classic-shooter feel.

Bottom Line
Computer can't run Battlefield 2 or Counter Strike: Source? Try this, it's free.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 08/23/06