Review by SvenKisuke

"War Rock: Rocks sold seperately"

War Rock, a free mmofps, has caught my eye recently. For a free game, its pretty cool and worth a shot. However, there are some bad things about the game that you might find, but those things can be overlooked.

Graphics:

It all depends on the computer you have. On mine, it can reach the highest level of detail and have no lag, and the graphics are marvelous for a free game. The way the maps are made are great for people to make strategies along the way. For example, you can use your sniper on a hill near your base, and pick off people almost all the way across the map. The vehicles and people are also well done for a free game. Nothing much to complain about in the graphics department unless you really opt for games with great graphics like Gears, God of War (which was well done for a PS2 game), or other great games I don't have much time to name.

Gameplay:

Oh man, it mixes up alot of games and I find that pretty fun! Theres a Battlefield influence, considering you can choose different classes of infantry when you respawn. A bit of counterstrike, as it has the same system of showing who you kill on the upper-right side of the screen (although it lacks the great sounds like "HEADSHOT" or "M-M-M-MONSTER KILL!"). You'll also find other games that are similar to this, and to me, thats fine. Its fun! Though...

Community:

Yeah, its true, some people on this game really ruin it for others. Even kicking people for no reason whatsoever. This doesn't mean that there are no good people online too. I've meet some nice people and some bad people, but I tend to look over the bad people alot.

Sounds:

Guns sound almost like they should, people yelling "MEDIC!". Nothing much to complain here except for the lack of better music. Wow... I just imagined Devil May Cry music for awhile. xD

Last words: JUST ENJOY THE GAME!!! XD

Overall: 8 (not an average)

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 07/31/07