Review by bbb9878

"War Rocks! And did I metion it's free?"

Disclamer:
Almost all of the other reviews for this game are when it was in Beta, so I felt obliged to create my own. This current review was made when the clan system was in Beta, so if your several years form then feel free to laugh at the lack of stuff to your version of War Rock.

Gameplay 9/10
War Rock has 4 different game types: explosive and FFA (Free for All) in small maps, Conquest and Deathmatch for medium and large maps. Explosive is like Counter-Stirke in that one team plants a bomb and the other team must disarm it, but you could just ignore that and kill eachother without planting any bombs. FFA is simple, kill everything that moves untill someone wins (to win you must reach a set ammount of points). Conquest you take the enemy bases untill someone runs out of "tickets" (you lose tickets when the enemy team takes your base). Death match is like Conquest except you have fewer tickes and you can lose tickets buy dieing, and you cann't take the enemy's main base. Oh I almost forgot, vehicles, lots of vehicles (only in medium and large maps though). One other thing, the controls, they have a slightly large learning curve, but when you learn them they work extremly well.

Graphics 8/10
The graphics are extremely well done, espessioly for a free game. The only gripe I have with the graphics is that they don't darw really far, so when sniping on a large map, give up, you won't see many people. The guns look as if they are high-def scans of real guns! Very nice. All the charractor models hold up really well to fece-to-face encounters. The senery and buildings look real, making you think your in a real-life war zone.

Sound 9/10
The sound is awsome! If you have headphones, congragulate your self on your incredible intelligence. Headphones give a semi-surround sound and can be used to determine where people are by where the sound of the foot steps are. All the vehicles also have very realistic sounds, from the ignition of a jeep, to the whoosh of a jet, it is very well done. The only problem I have is the music stops in the first 3 minutes of the game, if you trun the music off anyway you won't have a problem.

Non-Gameplay Items 8/10
The ranking system for the players works really well, they also work in part with the gun-buying system only allowing you to buy the weapons in you rank area. The previously mentioned gun-buying system may work well with the ranking-system but you don't actoually "buy" the weapons, your "lease" them, this is why this section gets an 8, not a 10. When you think you bought a kick butt weapon you suddenly reavize, "I only bought this for 3 or 7 or 15 or 30 days!!!!!! AND ITS REALLY EXPENSIVE!!!". The only way to get money is to kill people in-game and you level-up faster that you get money, so when you can finally buy that awsome weapon, you don't have nearly enought money! If you can get around that, I applaud you.

Replay value 10/10
You can play this game for hours, days, weeks on end without it getting boring, there are always updates, sp when it does get boring, some new and exciting thing comes so you get excited all overagain!!!!

Overall 9/10
This game is awsome, the vehicles are awsome, the graphics are awsome, the replay is unbeliveable, the weapons-buying system is not so awsome, but that is only a small part is only noticable once every month. This game will rock you sock off, hence the name: War ROCK!!!!!!!!

P.S. I know I misspelled alot of things in this review, please over look it, and have a great game!!!!!

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 08/22/07