Review by Int3rpol

"Don't even bother."

Warrock is a free, online FPS. Sure, it may sound nice, but believe me, it isn't.

The graphics honestly aren't all that bad. At the highest settings, they're somewhat nice, but by cranking up the visuals, you also crank up the lag. By setting the graphics to low/medium, you get less lag, and honestly, there's not that big of a difference in the graphics between high/medium and medium/low.

Probably the best part of the game. A large aspect of the game revolves around sounds. The guns sound pretty nice, better than some other FPS's. I also like the fact that you can hear footsteps distinctively, which really comes in handy sometimes.

This is where the game is really flawed. The first gripe I have with this game is the inability to pick your team when the game is already in play. This is a huge con, because I know that I'm much better on one team than the other. For instance, Alberon. I'm incredibly good on the brown team, but I suck on the other. My second gripe is with the lag. This game is insanely laggy. My computer isn't a huge powerhouse, but it certainly isn't a weakling. This game has rather low system requirements, all of which I meet, but for some unexplainable reason, I get 9-12 frames per second, which is ridiculous, because there's no way I should meet the recommended requirements, and experience this huge lag. But when you're not lagging, and you actually get on the team you want to be on (or if you just give up on trying to get on a certain team) this game is quite fun.

Guns:5/10
I honestly do not understand why they made most of the guns membership only. This makes members way overpowered, compared to the regular users. The members only guns are always stronger, faster, and harder to counter. For instance, the P90 vs. MP7. The P90 is the best free Medic gun, but against a regular MP7 user, they're no match, unless their aim is off.
The members only guns make the game incredibly unbalanced, which in my opinion, completely ruins the game.

Seriously? Why even bother to put in a story? The story is basically about two nations. One nation is trying to find out the others secrets or plans or something, I didn't really pay much attention to the story. Because it's crap.

That's my review of War Rock, at game with some potential, but overall a complete waste of time and hard drive space.

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 09/02/08

Game Release: War Rock (US, 02/07/07)