Why can't I play Scratches Director's Cut on my windows Seven machine?

1. I am having problems getting Scratches the Director's Cut to run on my Windows Seven computer. Splash screen opens alright once it's installed, the 'more games' button works. But whenever I get the play button to actually process input, regardless of what compatibility it's in, it goes to a blue-screen. Once there, it dumps memory in about two seconds- not enough to fully read the screen, and reboots the machine.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
    Installed Memory: 1GB
    System Type: 32-bit Operating System
    OS: Windows Seven Evaluation Copy, Build 7100
    DirectX Version: 9.27.1734

Is there anything I can do about it?

User Info: Nostarah

Nostarah - 6 years ago
    Whenever I want to save the edits, Windows 7 gives me an 'access denied' message. Please help?

User Info: SpookyJack

SpookyJack - 5 years ago

Answers

1. Go to the install folder, open up Scream.cfg and set RATE to 60 (add a 6 in front of the 0...)

Scratches has a weird way of detecting refresh rates. This is a simple fix and has worked for many people. Also make sure your video card is up to date and supported...

User Info: Mech_Battalion

Mech_Battalion - 6 years ago 0 0