Review by CobaltFalcon

"Crysis is a great game. Only part that bogs it down is a short story, and a few servere bugs"

Crysis was the first thing in mind when I got a new computer. It's a great game, but sadly has some big flaws..

The game takes place in year 2020 where a group of American researchers are taken captive in the Philippine Sea by North Koreans. You, Jake Dunn (Codename Nomad) are equipped with a special suit that can adapt into any situation while on a mission to rescue the researchers. But soon, a war starts against the North Koreans. As you progress through the story, you discover extraterrestrial life and you must defeat them. Throughout the game, you go through many hostile environments, like an alien spacecraft in zero gravity, the Korean jungles, the ice sphere (a frozen version of the jungle), and much more. There are 8 guns in single player mode, and more in multi player. This is what I think of the game:

The graphics are amazing in this game, and it looks like someone just put the jungles, and everywhere else in a little CD. Problem is, to see those graphics, you need a super powerful computer. It even lags on a 5.9 grade PC, so I recommend playing on Medium graphics.

Sounds: 7/10

Sound effects were realistic. Every gunshot, every explosion made it feel like I'm in the action. The music was rather boring, which gave me the low rating. The great part is the dialogue. It is humorous, and very original. Plus, the Australian dude says the best kind of stuff.

The game is very interactive, as you can pick up almost every object lying around (I like to throw keyboards at Koreans). The AI is smart, and even walking through the grass and making the slightest noise can make the enemies notice you. What adds to the game is the nanosuit. You can use armor mode (the default mode), which uses suit energy as a substitution for health; You have speed mode, which makes you walk faster, and sprint faster at the cost of suit energy; strength mode, which reduces gun recoil, makes you jump higher, and throw stuff further; and cloak mode, which makes you invisible at the cost of energy. The game has a bit of replay value due to how much you can do to the environment, and do objectives in different ways. Some levels have major bugs, which can be frustrating (It took me 6 times to complete a section of a level since the enemies froze and wouldn't die), and the game is a little shorter than expected. Luckily, it's going to be a trilogy. There are many attachments to put on your weapons to make them stronger and more accurate than they are. The multiplayer is very good, and I am spending a lot of time on it.

Overall, this game was very good, and I am hoping that you pick this game up. Because if you don't, I am very disturbed.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 11/26/07

Game Release: Crysis (US, 11/13/07)