Question from mikemetroid5565

Why does my keyboard stop working mid game?

in the middle of the game my keyboard will stop working completely yet I'll be able to bring up the Steam Menu no problem.

From: Siphion 3 years ago

I found the reason why it stops working lol, you probably hit the backslash ( \ ) button right above the enter button, just hit it again.

This is a bug. I happened to me twice; it seems to happen sometimes when you're trying to type. You can still move your mouse, but your keyboard will be completely unresponsive in-game. As you said, you'll still be able to access the Steam menus and your desktop, but you'll have to restart the game in order to fix this.

I had this happen as well. Turned out I'd accidentally hit the ~ key and must have gone into a console mode or something. Pressing it again fixed it, and my keyboard worked again.