Question from ataxier14

Why is my saving time, loading time for anything so slooooooowwww?

When I save it takes 10 minits, loading edit town takes 15 minits, this and that and this and that!!!!! Any suggestions on how to stop that?

Rayquaza_20 asked for clarification::

Slowness is not the game's fault. It's your computer's fault. Are you absolutely sure that your computer fulfill the system requirement for this game, or at least close?

As for solving the problem, try to lower the game's graphic quality to very low. Don't worry, the graphic won't be really messed up. This way the game's performance will be better and hopefully your game will be faster. Either way, be grateful that you don't need to load everytime your sim goes somewhere else, like in The Sims 2.

The_Pastmaster answered:

I noticed a big slow down when I had a lot of "mods" on. I weeded out a few and the slow load dropped like a stone
2 0

Answers

Shadow9858 answered:

Or fly
0 3

ThereIsIt answered:

Don't get angry with that just be patience. Even my TS3 is like that just wait would ya.
0 0

Goyoshi12 answered:

OK. Here is the reason....you should be happy with this. It IS the game and your computer! Basically my guess is is that your computer is either a 1990's computer or an earlier 2000 model that doesn't do well with the animation. Second the game. There is a lot of 3D animation on it so it will tend to be pretty bad when doing a simple thing but then again....look on your computer for useless junk you may or may not play and GET RID OF THEM! All games will take up Megabytes and Kilobytes (right, Kilobytes?) Once that is done try the game again and if it doesn't work then just try the game on a better computer of the maybe 2007 models. If that doens't work then just either wait until Christmas or some other way on getting a better computer so basically do both of the things below.

1. Use a faster computer
2. Get rid of a few games

If any of these don't work then get your smart alec brother/sister/anyone who is smart to find the problem. So I say good luck and I hope this helps you with the game.
0 1

kansasdude82 answered:

There's no loading time during game play so the saving/loading slow time compisates for that
1 2

JayneDee answered:

Custom content has a big impact of game performance. Bear in mind the save games store all the item, pattern, clotihng, family and house icons in them. Look in your My Documents forder for the Sims 3 save data folder and it will likely be a couple of GB. If you just have The Sims 3 + World Adventures + High End Loft Stuff, then you may want to look at your hardware.
0 0

BookofSims answered:

Idk...get rid of all of your custom content if you have any , make alot more room on your computer , and i know this might suck but...make sure your graphics options are as low on everything as can be , the saving screen only takes bout 1 to 2 min for me once i did this but it might just be your pc....prob go out and get it fixed or maybe check the disc out and get the disc fixed , or both lol now tht i gave you all these awnsers and they all didnt work yet...then just sell the game , dont play it , or stop complaining
0 0

Jetta82898 answered:

i know this is happening to me too. when i made more then one family, it did start running slower. so i deleted some of my family i did not want. it still ran slow. i then found out it started running slower after the newest update i put on TS3. oh and if you want a free town called riverview, go to TS3 store and eventually one of the ads on it will say get a free new town now. you will also get some new objects!
0 0

GekkoDefender answered:

Even if you have the X-Treme XLR8 Proccessor Infi Core Multi Infinatium.
It will still load your game Slow.
I promise you that.
Well it's not actually your computer, it's the game itself, preparing for a lot of things.
Think about it, you whole Town.
Not just a single Lot.
Even you can't manage your town in one time.
Nor even your Own Lot.
1 0