Question from theslayertry21

Will The Sims 3 run ok on my laptop?

I am planning to buy The sims 3, but wanted to know if it will run alright on my laptop?
Operation System: Window Vista Home Premium
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 2.00GHz (2 CPUs) ~2.00GHz
Memory: 2GB Ram
Graphic: Integrated Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family 795 MB
DirectX 10

Gregovich88 answered:

I took that system test from the website sims_fan5533 provided, and I don't meet half of the requirements to play the game (old laptop), but on the low settings there hasn't been much of a problem yet. When I tried to use higher settings it was really slow and crashed a few times, so I think I've learned my lesson. Hope that helps!
0 0

Answers

Colonel_Autumn answered:

Hey i think i have roughly the same laptop as you, so i hope that this question will be answered before the sims 3 is released
0 0

sims_fan5533 answered:

Go to this website
www.ea.com/games/the-sims-3
it has a program that will scan your computer to see if your computer fits the minimum requirements
0 0

Carlzilla answered:

My laptop is the pretty much the same, it does have a slightly less powerful CPU, and it runs on mine without an issue with most settings on low-medium...so it should run on yours without much of an issue.
0 0

Kobacha answered:

I have the Sims 3, and my computer is almost the same as yours. It runs the Sims, but since I have only 1 GB of RAM it crashes a lot. But, based on the fact you have 2GB, and they only require 1.5 GB for a laptop (if you have Vista), then you should be in the clear!
0 0