Can't install correctly?

1. The game just shuts down after about 10 minutes of playing. Nothing starts to slow down, the computer doesn't lock up, it seems like everything is just fine, except that the game just ends. I'll try to explain every detail of what I've done so far.

Okay, so I pre-ordered the game from Amazon.com earlier this year, and it just arrived yesterday. While installing the game some sort of error message popped up saying, "CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3/Game Data\Shared\Packages\Fullbuild1.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file." I was thinking that may have something to do with the game crashing.

After clicking retry several times and receiving the same error message, I decided to click ignore. Upon playing the game, everything seemed smooth until I tried to use a custom color for a sim's clothing, at which time the game simply disappeared. After this, I decided to try an reinstall the game. Recalling that there was an error last time, I thought that there may have been something wrong with my disc, so I used a disc that installed on my friend's computer just fine, and used my authentication code. During the second install, I unfortunately recieved the same error message.

At this point, I started to look at some troubleshooting guides. I did everything that was suggested: I ran a disk clean-up, defragmenter, shut down all unecessary processes, etc, but I still recieved that same error message after doing all of these things. I even ran the system requirements check on the website, and it says that I meet and exceed all system specifications.

I've also tried copying all of the disk's files to my hard drive and running the install from there, but to no avail.

User Info: VIX419

VIX419 - 7 years ago
    Have any other errors occurred when you've tried installing other games?
    It might just be an error with your computer because if there was something wrong with the game then it wouldn't have worked on your friend's computer either.

User Info: SymeTree

SymeTree - 7 years ago
    Did you adjust any options?

User Info: perokone

perokone - 7 years ago
    i also have the same problem but it shows problem on "FullBuild0". The starts well but don't load while creating new sim nor while making household. It just shows the loading screen only.

User Info: AyashiX

AyashiX - 6 years ago

Answers

1. Well i have vista and if i was logged on to mine it wouldnt let me install right it would come up and then crash, but when i went on to my mom's (the adminastator(i think so)) but it works perfectly fine. So you could try that.

User Info: mollykathryn

mollykathryn - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. Are you using Internet Explorer?

for some reason, I had trouble installing games off of the site if I downloaded them off of IE...

I go to firefox and/or Google Chrome, and it worked fine @_@

User Info: TheMoosiah

TheMoosiah - 7 years ago 0 0
  3. I had the same prblm. My borther went to the sims 3 site i think and downloaded the EA Download manager( it might also be on the Ea home page ) It's intent is to download and install EA's games if their owner lost/broke the disk, but bought the game. All you need is the code from the game box you enter it in and then you can download the game from online and install it onto ur computer. Worked 4 us but u need a internet connection 2 play if u do it that way

User Info: Kitty1over

Kitty1over - 7 years ago 0 0
  4. what i think the problem is that you run out of virtual memory and the game shuts it off on its own (I have other maxis games that do this as well)

User Info: JCBQ

JCBQ - 7 years ago 0 1
  5. PEOPLE: THE ANSER!

Here's what you have to do:
    1. Make an account at sims3.com
    2. Click in mean menu on My Page
    3. Scroll down and click on the left on Register A Game
    4. Fill in your serial code
    5. Your game will now be registered on Sims3.com
    6. Go to origin.com and make an account (same as sims3)
    7. Scroll down and click Origin Download
    8. Click: Origin for PC/MAC download
    9. Follow normal downloading steps
    10. Open Origin after downloading and log in
    11. Click My Games in menu
    12. The games registered on sims3.com are supposed to be listed here
    13. YES? Go to 17 - NO? Continue
    14. I'm using a mac, so for windows i'm not completely sure, but for mac: click in the top menu on Games and choose Register A Game (apperently this can have different names, so look for something like this) - for windows: look for something where you can register a new game
    15. Now a screen should pop up, where you can fill in your serial code
    16. When your done, click next and your game will appear on the page My Game (named in point 11)
    17. Click on the game you want to instal and click download
    18. Accept everything and wait till it's fully downloaded
    19. Then it's the same as when you install it the normal way

Your expansions can now be installed the normal way but also this way

Good luck!

User Info: xAstriid

xAstriid - 3 years ago 0 0