Question from Yoda8606

Does the Green Thumb trait allow you to revive barren plants?

After so many harvests a plant eventually will become barren (or what I thought to be dead). Can you use the green thumb trait to revive a plant when it gets to this point? Or can you only use it if you neglect plants for so long and they die?

In the event you can use the trait to revive barren plants, how do you do so? I just recently gave my sim a mid-life crisis and picked up this trait hoping I wouldn't ever have to replant anything after it goes barren.

atomicsuperman answered:

There's a difference between "dead" and "barren". "Dead" means they are still capable of producing but they have been neglected until they die (or in cases like the Death plant where it dies as soon as you pick it). "Barren" means the plant is alive but no longer capable of producing. Sims with the green thumb trait can only revive "dead" plants, and can do nothing for "barren" ones. This is why it's important to have at least 2 of any really important plant like the Life plant or the Omniplant.
0 0