What are the requirements to get promoted?

1. Well in the Sims 2, when you click on the Job tab, it always showed all your skills and what skill+level you needed for promotion. Also it showed how many friends you needed for a promotion.

The Sims 3 only shows you which skills you have actually learned. I was wondering if there was any requirements to get promoted. I don't like wasting time adepting skills that I don't really need.

Thanks

User Info: BrianD0713

BrianD0713 - 7 years ago

1. in your career it will show you the skills you need. to get promoted there is a little green bar next to those skills that fills up. Also your performance will have little smiley's next to it each should be excellent or outstanding each day you go to work it will fill up the green bar. (hold your mouse over each requisite to see how well your doing.)

User Info: IndigoBug

IndigoBug - 7 years ago 0 0

1. It is the same but you must keep your eyes in your sims moods also.. and there is a relationship between coworkers. for me is before i go to work usually I let my sims doing something fun such as playing comp or etc.. so they have mood 'having a blast' then at work i change the drop down box into hardwork

User Info: spidyboy91

spidyboy91 - 7 years ago 0 0
  2. The career tab shows which things are useful to your performance. Mood seems to be universal, but many others are specific. For example, Law Enforcement requires you to be nice to your partner and raise your logic skill, whereas Business requires you to befreind your co-workers and your boss. Journalism requires you to raise youur writing skill, and to look around town for stories.

You don't always have to raise skills to a certain point to get promoted, but the higher they are, the faster your career will improve.

Buisness - no skill. Criminal - Athletic. Culinary - Cooking. Journalism - Writing, Charisma. Law - Logic, Painting/Athletic (branch dependant). Political - Charisma. Sports - Athletic. Medical - Logic. Military - Athletic, Handiness. Music - Guitar, Logic (branch dependant). Science - Gardening, Handiness, Fishing.

User Info: psymuse

psymuse - 7 years ago 0 0