Question from rhezakzz

My Sims Become Invisible, Any idea to recover it?

this happen when the game is loading, and suddenly my PC crashed then my sims become invisible

can you provide an answer to solve this problem please?

Akkikram asked for clarification:

I actually have the same problem... I was gardening and started to fertilize a plant, and then my sim suddenly turned invisible and I mean really invisible.
If I make him do something he will do that action (while being invisible) and then respawn next to my bed.
Afterwards, when I try to do any action, like sleep, go to toilet, cook, visit a lot he turns invisible again for a second and then respawns next to my bed in my bedroom.
Anybody know anything to do against this?
I will try what was advised by Inoka1, I'm The Sims 3 on a Mac btw.. But I think the problem is sorta same.

Thanks in advance

Akkikram asked for clarification:

Hahahaha, the bug still continues though.. This is rather annoying..

AISYAH123 asked for clarification:

My todler also become invisible, I tried resetsim cheats, it didn't work, I tried to evict my sim and put him back, but it didn't work to!!!
help!!!

JordyGore4 asked for clarification:

I'm having a similar if not the same problem. I moved my sims from an apartment to a house and then used the action "remove sim from boarding school" on the computer to bring my sims daughter home. My active sim immediately turned invisible. His picture and the daughters picture both became blank green squares where it shows the active household. His picture eventually loaded but he remained invisible. When I went to play today there is no active household shown yet the queue showed me my sim was still performing the last action I had told him to do. I used the spacebar hot key to try to switch members and his picture reappeared as an active sim (he's still invisible though) but his son and daughter are now gone! I'm getting really frustrated and upset, any ideas? ):

JordyGore4 asked for clarification:

Yesterday resetsim wouldn't work, but I just tried again and it fixed my active sim. His son and daughter are still missing though.

SleepingWithPet asked for clarification:

My Sim just came back from College and I invited her boyfriend over that she met while in college and when he arrived, he was invisible and I can't do anything with him! I'm trying to get the two to get engaged, but I can't do anything if my Sims boyfriend is invisible! Can someone help me figure out how to make him visible again?

ICoexistI answered:

I've also had the same problem...but i figure out how to fix it :D.Just go to your dresser and hit "plan outfit" and go to the formal tab, wait a few minutes and you should see your sim :D
2 0

Answers

Inoka1 answered:

Did you try the "resetsim" cheat? Just punch in the ctrl+C to open the cheat code prompter thingy, and put in "resetSim <firstname> <lastname>"
0 0

Akkikram answered:

Well.. I tried using the "resetsim" code and I tried using testingcheatsenabled, used a few cheats, and I tried moveobjects code aswell and it all failed.
But I tried to evict my sim out of his current house and then put him back in, which worked!
Only disadvantage is that he does lose his promised wishes and other wishes.
Still, it is still better then having a corrupt save (incase you only have one save of that sim and town).

If you guys have any alternative methods to fix this, please tell me.
By the way, I think the problem occured through graphical issues, because I was switching between low/high detail settings a few times which might have caused it.
0 0

Brogel answered:

The resetSim solution did it for me. Mine disappeared several times under the exact same conditions, but once I entered resetSim it reappeared and everything was the way it was before.
0 0

Zandyr_Kayne answered:

I noticed when I put so many tatoos one my character that they would glitch or disappear into the floor. Their thoughts would come from near the floor and when chopping food the knife was at floor level.

resetSim wouldn't fix this problem. I'm not sure moveObject on|off would either. I couldn't even click on the Sim. They'd freeze up beside chairs and the bed if told to sit or lie down and couldn't be made to quit the action.
0 0

fireangel766 answered:

Fastest way i'm sure is to change clothes or like i did make your sims take a shower or a bath to see if it pops
1 0

loulu97 answered:

My female sim became pregnant and she and the father became invisible. i checked multiple websites for a recovery. I found out if you send the male sim to go shopping, when he comes back he is visible again. I sent my pregnant female sim to the hospital to get "medical advice" and she came back visible.
0 0

Lillejay answered:

I had the same problem. But my Sim was visible after one of the kids graduated.
0 0

sims3cake answered:

I had the same problem. I had just logged on to Sims 3 University Life, this was connected to World Adventures aswell. My mother (Louise Purple) was a young adult. She was on green, yet to the left of the screen, I couldn't see her face. When she had finished work, I viewed her, but she was invisible.
WHAT TO DO
1- You can either change her clothes, I found this impossible as I couldn't click on the Sim!
2- This is what I did, I but her for a bubble bath in the bath/shower. As she stepped into the bath, she was visible again. When she got out, she was back to normal.
Hope this helps!
Also, 'resetSim Louise Purple' didn't work, I do not advise it!
Have fun:)
1 0

MrJamesLui answered:

REPOST!

"I had the same problem. I had just logged on to Sims 3 University Life, this was connected to World Adventures aswell. My mother (Louise Purple) was a young adult. She was on green, yet to the left of the screen, I couldn't see her face. When she had finished work, I viewed her, but she was invisible.
WHAT TO DO
Hope this helps!
Have fun:)"

- this worked for me, i3, Laptop, windows eternity
0 0

BeckiHughes answered:

My sim became invisable, could still control her and make her do things but couldn't see her, she disappeared under the floor. But I made her change outfit and she reappeared.
0 0

tbone777 answered:

It has happened twice in the past week, once when i invited a friend from Egypt and the other when a mascot visited,i chose reset lot NRAAS and worked good except my foreign visitor was elsewhere and i called her and she came over....not sure whats causing this, no recent add-ons maybe 2 moths ago...
0 0

faithb1988 answered:

Luckily enough, I had two Sims going to the University at the same time. My girl glitched, her profile box with her picture turned to a green square and she would not stop fixing a sink. I couldn't click on her or make her do anything. Her brother was fine. I installed some mods - ErrorTrap and Overwatch. I don't know if they worked or not. It was when I dropped the brother out of University that everything went back to normal. He finally moved home and the girl went with him. When their hometown loaded, I could see her and use her.

The game told me making the brother drop out would make him not receive his credits for the term. However, when they got home, my girl was still a recent graduate and the brother still had his credits. My glitch started when she went to graduation. I saw another thread somewhere that said inviting people to the graduation can really screw up the game. I wondered why it kept asking me to invite people to her graduation even after I was done inviting people. So, try not to invite people to the graduation and see if that helps.
0 0

kwanyuanqi answered:

Okay I don't know who else needs a solution but I made an account just to answer this. I had a problem with my sims 3, expansion pack up to university life. After I did some graphics settings and saved my file, I restarted the game only to find that both my sims are stuck at their last action and their pictures have turned green and yellow. I could not select them either. The only thing playable, my dog. Anyway, I found a solution by making a copy of them and then evicting the original household. After that, I switched the active household to the copied version and moved them into my original lot. It worked like a charm. :) hope this helps! Cheers.
0 0

GamerGirl0300 answered:

As soon as I began to "expand my sim gaming experience" (A.K.A. using expansion packs) I've had this problem alot. Here's what I usually do:

Prevent it: I try to save often. I notice that the game has a memory issue, or at least on my computer. The less I save the more often my game seems to glitch out on me.

Cheat: If my sim starts to turn invisible, I use resetsim _________ and cross my fingers.

Change My Sim's Outfit: Sometimes it's not a memory issue. I can make my sim go to a dresser and change into an outfit, or make the sim take a shower (after which they will change automatically).

Save And Quit: If all else fails, and it is most definatley a memory issue, I save and quit. Simple, but kind of a last resort, as I try many times to keep my game running before I have to sit through 15 more minutes of loading screens.
0 0

StarShock413 answered:

What I did when my sim was invisible was to go to a mirror and do "change appearance" then exit out and i could see him again. Try to do something like that.
0 0

swimswag12 answered:

Omg my sim had disappeared and it was sooooo frustrating!!! I nearly gave up but i decided to go make her have a woohoo with her husband. She went under the covers, and when she came up she reappeared !!! Everyone try it!! It worked for me
0 0

traceface90 answered:

Hey, I loaded my game then put my game on pause, made supper came back and noticed that my sim was no where to be seen besides her fairy wings floating about in air ;D I tried all what I read in the comments and then thought to myself, maybe I should change outfit and I did, and it worked. Just go to your closet tell your sim to change outfit to athletic or anything you chose and you will then be-able to see him or her. :) I hope it works for you guys/girls :)
0 0

zippacat answered:

!!!!FIX FOR GREEN BOX PROBLEM!!!

Okay so this happened to me yesterday. I never usually use mods and wasn't used to it. I followed the advice above about installing ErrorTrap as I had tried everything else. I needed a little extra guidance since I never use mods so I used the two links below.

First I followed this guide to set up all the folders: www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_ Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Then I installed the ErrorTrap package from this site: www.nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap

I went in to my game and you'll know it's working if the intro song doesn't come up (you install it when following the first link).

When I went to my household(4 adult sims and 1 baby sim) the faces had reappeared in the icons but I still couldn't select them. I tried to enter the cheat 'resetsim' and when the area to enter text popped up, four sims completely disappeared.

So I exited to edit town and selected not to save (make sure you don't select save). I then chose to 'switch active household'. Then I re-selected my 'broken' household and began playing. When I reentered the house, each sim was outside the front door and playable again!! The game is completely fixed!(Remember not to save anywhere along the way until you make a backup save when your household is actually working again)

So thanks so much to the suggestion above to download errortrap, it worked really well.

Note: I had made a copy of the family(without house) before all of this just in-case it destroyed them all completely
0 0