Question from keeshi

What does Overclocking a Computer do?

What good does the Overclocking opion do when you have the Computer Whiz trait? I've noticed you can do it two times, but I see no other effects.

pdcm answered:

it tells us it as one of a few effect:
works like the improved graphics upgrade
works like the unbreakable upgrade
makes computer more stable (less likely to break)
nothing
breaks computer (apparently)

I'm not sure if this actually works in game, but the ones where i got the less likely to break based ones i haven't had to repair my computer

also, all out comes can be over-ridden by upgrading with the handiness skill, which is generally better as you can pick what you actually want (assuming your skill is high enough
2 0

Answers

gratch69 answered:

Well, so far as I have seen, it can do one of 2 things, it either breaks the computer, or does nothing.
1 0

docwat232 answered:

I believe it gives the opportunity for a random upgrade. I overclocked a computer with a sim, and I got the "improved graphics" upgrade. Or you break the thing.
0 0

UltraMertTR answered:

Overclocking means, forcing your hardwares (your GPU, CPU etc) to work more than its normal.For example, increasing your 2.0 CPU to 2.3 or 2.5.Every hardware has a limit.You can learn them on google.But be careful.Overclocking is too dangerous if you dont'n know what to do.You can burn hardwares that you were trying to overclock if you don't have enough cooling.And overclocking can grow your electric bills.
1 3

Raffeh answered:

It gives the computer a random upgrade. it's similar to tinkering, really.
1 0