Microphone Boost ?

1. When I play, people say they can barely hear me, even though I have mic boost enabled under Options. Are there any console commands I can use, or another option that can work?

In all other games it seems to work fine, I'm just having this issue with L4D.

Thanks.

User Info: davidjr7

davidjr7 - 8 years ago
    Jacky_j, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Microphone was already checked, but there was a 'Advanced' tab under it, and I hit that and in there was another option to 'Boost Mic'. So, I'm going to test it out.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right general direction.

User Info: davidjr7

davidjr7 - 8 years ago

1. Under Windows XP, Open up "Sounds and Audio Devices" in control panel. Click Advanced under "Device Volume". Go to Options -> Properties. Select Recording and make sure microphone is checked. Hit Okay. Make sure the microphone volume is up.

User Info: Jacky_J

Jacky_J - 8 years ago 22 0

Answers

1. I'm afraid it might be a problem on your end, or maybe they need to turn up there speakers, or THEIR microphone recieveing, worst comes to worst, get a new microphone, shouldnt be too costly, $10 for a desk (which is what i use, cause headphone mics break WAYYY too easily)

User Info: D347hN1nJ4

D347hN1nJ4 - 8 years ago 8 6
  2. Microphone boost isn't really a good thing, your mic just might be too quiet, see if it is turned up all the way, and if necessary, buy a new mic/headset, i have the plantronics gamecom 1, and i got it off newegg for $20.

User Info: DarkMirrorLink2

DarkMirrorLink2 - 8 years ago 0 5
  3. I always recommend mic boost. It's always one of the first things I enable when setting up a computers sound options.

But yeah, there are 3 places to look. L4D audio/voice options, windows sound settings, and mic boost.

User Info: FusionSpectre

FusionSpectre - 8 years ago 1 0