I'm connected to the internet but Steam says I'm not. Why won't it work?

1. Whenever I try to load the game and I have to connect through Steam (which I hadn't even heard of before I tried connecting this game) it says I must be connected to the internet before I can run it, but I can run my browser on it at the same time and it still says I'm not connected. This sucks! How do I get it to work?

User Info: BadSalt

BadSalt - 6 years ago

Answers

1. If you are using a router with a firewall, that is likely causing the problem.
    Information for you here.
    support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6776-MYXU-0480
    Just add an https in front of that.

User Info: thechronocore

thechronocore - 6 years ago 0 0
  2. I had this same problem, and it wasn't my firewall. If Steam is not undergoing maintainance, and you are unable to connect in steam, open the steam folder (defaults to C:/program files/steam) and delete ClientRegistry.blob. Don't worry, when you open steam, it will be regenerated, and you might be able to connect again if that is your problem.

User Info: RazeIgnis

RazeIgnis - 6 years ago 0 0
  3. I had this problem but i was using both a firewall and and iprange block so make sure to look through both.

User Info: elauka

elauka - 6 years ago 0 0
  4. Had this same problem, which is how I found this thread. I realized I had PeerBlock turned on, and that seemed to be the problem. Thanks and hope this helps others!

User Info: Jennnergy

Jennnergy - 2 years ago 0 0