Question from BadSalt

I'm connected to the internet but Steam says I'm not. Why won't it work?

Whenever I try to load the game and I have to connect through Steam (which I hadn't even heard of before I tried connecting this game) it says I must be connected to the internet before I can run it, but I can run my browser on it at the same time and it still says I'm not connected. This sucks! How do I get it to work?

Answers

thechronocore answered:

If you are using a router with a firewall, that is likely causing the problem.
Information for you here.
support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6776-MYXU-0480
Just add an https in front of that.
0 0

RazeIgnis answered:

I had this same problem, and it wasn't my firewall. If Steam is not undergoing maintainance, and you are unable to connect in steam, open the steam folder (defaults to C:/program files/steam) and delete ClientRegistry.blob. Don't worry, when you open steam, it will be regenerated, and you might be able to connect again if that is your problem.
0 0

elauka answered:

I had this problem but i was using both a firewall and and iprange block so make sure to look through both.
0 0

Jennnergy answered:

Had this same problem, which is how I found this thread. I realized I had PeerBlock turned on, and that seemed to be the problem. Thanks and hope this helps others!
0 0

56K internet access and Steam? Answered ColManly
Do you have to use steam? Answered CorruptedMario
Can I run Civ 5 on my PC without Steam? Answered Balfor100
How does food work exactly? Open Darkunov
When was the National College moved to Philosophy? Open wienerschnizzel