Question from WarLokk1980

How can configure the game to use xbox 360 controller for Windows?

In Hour of Victory I can use my Xbox 360 controller to go through the menus and access the Games for Windows Live Guide but I can't use it once I start the game. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit which includes the drivers for this controller and the headset and in the game's installation folder I saw a file, DefaultInput.ini and when I opened it in notepad it had bindings for XBox contoller typeS which is the name for 360 controller. There must be a way to edit this file to get it to work but programming isn'tmy forte and I wondered if anyone else has done this?

WarLokk1980 answered:

It is posible to allow limited Xbox 360 controller functionality by accessing the file HOVInput.ini in the following path C:\USER\Documents\Hour of Victory\HoVGame\Config\HOVInput.ini
Open the file in notepad and look for the section [Engine.PlayerInput]
Look for the lines which have ;Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS at the start and delete the semi colon (;) from each of the lines and go to File/Save As and save the file in desktop as HOVInput.ini (don't forget to change file type to all files before saving)
Back up the original HOVinput.ini just in case you made an error in editing the config file and copy the new config file into the folder mentioned at the beginning of the answer
This will enable the controller but you will have to map some of the buttons manually. If you have experience of editing config files you can add them in there so they will be remembered.
0 0